Sex Addiction Test
Do you think your patient may be a sexual addict? Our services can serve as an adjunct to primary therapy. We focus on a diagnosis of online sex addiction and sexting addiction problems. Our model of treatment is aggressive forms of cognitive-behavioral therapy and insight-oriented techniques to help clients reach clear, quick outcomes.
Help for therapists
Do you or your organization need assistance with sex addiction? We provide on-site training for professionals and organizations, and we frequently work with professionals on case consultation on a as-needed basis.
If you need more information, please contact Dr. Kimberly Young, founder and director.
Do you have a problem with online sex addiction?
Answer “yes” or “no” to the following statements:
- Do you routinely spend time in sexting and instant messaging with the sole purpose of finding cybersex?
- Do you feel preoccupied with using the online world for sex?
- Do you frequently use anonymous communication to engage in sexual fantasies?
- Do you anticipate your next online session with the expectation that you will find sexual arousal or gratification?
- Do you move from cybersex to phone sex or even real-life meetings?
- Do you hide your online interactions from your significant other?
- Do you feel guilt or shame from your online use?
- Did you accidentally become aroused by cybersex only to now find that you actively seek it out when you log online?
- Do you masturbate when having cybersex or looking at online pornography?
- Do you feel less interest with your real-life sexual partner only to prefer cybersex as a primary form of sexual gratification?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you may be addicted to online sex. Dr. Young provides immediate counseling to deal with how people use online sex through adult web sites, chat sites, cam sites, VOIP, and tactial stimulation devices. With this technology so widely available, more peoplehave come to realize their initial curiosity has turned into an addiction.
Counseling and Education
Help is available. Dr. Young’s book, Tangled in the Web: Understanding Cybersex from Fantasy to Addiction or her ebooklet, Getting Web Sober: Help for Cybersex Addicts and Their Families provide a step-by-step recovery system for online sex addicts and their partners. This may take weeks or months to treat, and a supportive partner. Realize that this is going to be hard for both of you. You may also contact Dr. Young through her Counseling Services.